Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Review: I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship edited by Wade Rouse

I freely admit it. I am a sucker for great titles. I'm a sucker for dogs on covers. And I am a sucker for collections of essays billed as hilarious. There should have been no doubt in anyone's mind that I would not only buy but almost immediately make short work of a book called I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship: Hilarious, Heartwarming Tales About Man's Best Friend From Some of America's Favorite Humorists. And the best thing? It was delightful and funny and sweet and everything it was billed as being. I recognized my own yappers in some of the dogs and I recognized myself in the dog owners. As with the best humor, there were some blindingly fantastic truths presented in literally laugh out loud fashion in several of the essays. There are twenty dog tales here and while all twenty are obviously thematically connected, they were all different. Some were funnier than others but all were touching love letters to the furry, four-legged canines who run the homes of the writers included in the collection. Any and all dog lovers will appreciate this charmer of a book and will love even more the fact that editor Rouse, whose own contribution to the book is wonderful, is donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the book to The Humane Society of the United States as well as mentioning all of the contributors' own personal favorite animal charities in their bios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts