Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I started the week off with a bang but then I took my boys to my parents' house and I have done very little reading or reviewing since, choosing instead to take the opportunity to shovel out the mess in their rooms and the basement without them around. As you might imagine, this has consumed hours of my time that I would have prefered to be reading. But man does everything look great! This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this week are:

Down From Cascom Mountain by Ann Joslin Williams
Next to Love by Ellen Feldman

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
The Vagabond by Colette
Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Next by James Hynes
Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
Stiltsville by Susanna Daniel

Reviews posted this week:

Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton
The Art of Forgetting by Camille Noe Pagan
The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
Strange Relation by Rachel Hadas

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Slow Love by Dominique Browning
West of Here by Jonathan Evison
Made For You and Me by Caitlin Shetterly
You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice
Twelve by Twelve by William Powers
Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum
The Wedding Cake War by Lynna Banning
Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney
Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom
Someone Will Be With You Shortly by Lisa Kogan
The Art of Saying Goodbye by Ellyn Bache
When the Killing's Done by T.C. Boyle
The First Husband by Laura Dave
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
Next to Love by Ellen Feldman

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one behind on writing reviews. Lately I just want to read!

    My weekly recap can be found here :) . Please stop by is you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stiltsville sounds good! I am adding it to my list!! Have a great reading week!


    http://quixoticmagpie.blogspot.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_27.html

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts