Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction Challenge

Do you love non-fiction? I do. I never used to read it but it's become quite a staple in my reading diet. Sometimes I want nothing more than a well-written memoir or the escape of a travelogue or the fascinating details of some bit of history with which I was unfamiliar. So it always pleases me to see non-fiction challenges in the reading and blogging world. And I could hardly turn down the Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction Reading Challenge as a result.

The Rules:

Only non-fiction books apply! These can be anything you're interested in: memoirs, history, geography, politics, religion, sports - whatever non-fiction you've put your hands on and your nose into.

Overlaps with other challenges allowed!

Post a list of choices if you want, or make it up as you go along.

Any book format is allowed.

There are four levels:

Just the Facts - Read two non-fiction books.
The Scoop - Read four non-fiction books.
The Whole Story - Read six non-fiction books.
Nothing But the Truth - Read eight (or more) non-fiction books.

The challenge will run from February 1, 2010 through February 28, 2011.


I will be going with Nothing But the Truth level as I've already completed it, not that I'll stop reading non-fiction for the year. :-)

Since Feb. 1, I have already read:

A Slant of Sun by Beth Kephart
Dog Years by Mark Doty
Inside the Postal Bus by Michael Barry
The Sexual Life of Catherine M. by Catherine Millet
American Daughter by Elizabeth Kendall
The Bread of Angels by Stephanie Saldana
Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman
Admit One by Emmett James
Not Quite Paradise by Adele Barker
Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline

2 comments:

  1. Darn it, this one is so tempting but NO! No more this year! Next year! It would make the book I'm currently reading fit into a Challenge but I will resist... somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the challenge & gratz on finishing! You were here, but briefly ...

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts