Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Mailbox

Books continue to trickle in to the old mailbox and they continue to make me smile when I see an undeniably book shaped package for me. Actually, this week, someone had the nerve to send D. something in an old amazon box. When I saw the box, I got all tingly and happy, only to pull it out and discover it wasn't for me (nor was it from amazon). What a tease! Anyway, this past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg came from Chelsey at Big Honcho Media for a tour and giveaway.
A teenaged girl decides that she's had enough of boys and dating. But once other girls follow her example, she finds that perhaps giving it up, might not have been the best plan because she's got her eye on a boy now. This sounds so fun and high school and I just can't wait!

Fireworks Over Toccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff came from the publisher.
Does this not have a gorgeous cover? A woman married only days before her husband leaves for war is torn between her duty to him and her newly found love for the man who comes to town to arrange a fireworks display in honor of the returned soldiers. I suspect that this one will require Kleenex as someone's heart must inevitably break.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

12 comments:

  1. I've gotta have Fireworks Over Toccoa! Happy reading, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lonely Hearts Club is a wonderful YA book - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fireworks Over Toccoa sounds interesting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those books are on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about the Amazon box disappointment! I understand the tingly feeling...
    Fireworks Over Toccoa sounds really good. I have seen it on several blogs and I look forward to reading the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had an Amazon box on my doormat one day last week, and I thought, "how weird" but I got closer and saw that handwritten on it was "not from" so altogether it said "not from Amazon." Hah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen The Lonely Hearts Club on numerous blogs now. It's definitely on my TBR List. I'll have to check back to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both look and sound so great!! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lonely Hearts Club looks so good! I just got Fireworks Over Toccoa today and can't wait to read it. I had forgotten all about it! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fireworks book sounds especially good. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Fireworks Over Toccoa, too. I agree that the cover begs for it to be read. I also agree that a lot of tissue will probably be in order. Especially since I will be thinking of John the whole time. I didn't know him when he was a soldier but he has told me a lot of stories that have made me cry and want to hold him! I'm a total sap for war stories now. When do you think you'll read it?

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts