Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Salon: Just a blurb

This past week I had more shopping adventures than reading adventures but I did squeeze in some relaxation reading to take the edge off the holiday stress. I learned to cook with what I have on hand, improvising as I went along. I chuckled as a grown man, in an inventive effort to avoid becoming a grown-up, tracked down his best childhood mates and rekindled the friendships he'd let slip for too many years. And I waded through a history of books, publishing, and bookstores with the merest bits of the personal thrown in as well. Too many books still remain in progress to detail right now but they should offer up some lovely breaks from the rest of the shopping and baking and wrapping and... all that I still need to do.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your reading has taken you to some interesting places this past week, Kristen! I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts