Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme hosted is by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. I know, I know. I promised to have some movement under the "bookmarks are still living in" section and I basically lied. The excuse of the week is that I was on vacation and have now come home to a bunch of review books that have a firm deadline in the middle of next month. And since I want to be invited to be on the panel again next year, I am focused mostly on them. Also, this is more than one week's compilation as I didn't play along while on vacation. Next week will be back to one week at a time.

Books I completed this week are:

Lamentations of the Father by Ian Frazier
Across the Pond by Storyheart
Perfect Life by Jessica Shattuck
What We Eat When We Eat Alone by Deborah Madison and Patrick McFarlin
A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo
Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
Heart of Courage by Kat Martin
Number Six Fumbles by Rachel Solar-Tuttle
Bound South by Susan Rebecca White
The Whatchamacallit by Danny Danziger and Mark McCrum
North of Ithaka by Eleni Gage
Welcome to Higby by Mark Dunn
Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West
The Rogue and the Rival by Maya Rodale
The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark
Cornfield Heiress by E.
A Strong West Wind by Gail Caldwell
The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner
As Sure As the Sun by Anna McPartlin
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird
Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
The Brandons by Angela Thirkell
The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James

Reviews posted this week:

Caenus and the Quiver of Artemis by Christopher Ledbetter
Blackman's Coffin by Mark DeCastrique
Old Friends and New Fancies by Sybil Brinton
Seducing Mr. Darcy by Gwyn Cready

I have 20 books awaiting review, most from vacation. So much for being on top of things!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you are a reading machine, good luck getting caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell the truth now. You really don't sleep, do you? ;) If ONLY I could read this quickly! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW twenty book in one week, I'm sure the reviews will be worth waiting for

    Barry

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts