Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cheating or jumping to conclusions

So I open up my mail this morning and find the sort of e-mail you never want to get from your child's teacher. Here's what she wrote: "I just wanted to make you aware of what went on in math class yesterday. Prior to the test, we had a 10 question folder check in which I asked for the titles of 10 of the pages in the folders. As I was grading them, I noticed that W. and his neighbor had the same answers- and the same wrong answers. I did not see either person looking at the other's folder, but it did raise a bit of suspicion, so I asked both students to re-take the folder check with different questions. I am going to count the second grade for both students. Please let me know if you have any questions." The only question I have is whether I ground him the second he walks in the door or if I offer to let him hang himself with an explanation first. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... And here I thought he was adjusting to the move so well. :-(

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the other kid cheated off of his paper....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He vows he didn't do it. And he vows it so very sincerely. Too bad I know what a smooth and practised liar the child can be. I told him he wouldn't be grounded this time since there was no proof but that if I ever heard of anything even coincidental again, he'd be grounded forever (and he knows I'm mean enough to mean it too).

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts