Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Are you a stress eater?

I was standing in line at the grocery store and saw a cover blurb on some really high class woman's magazine (ha!) asking potential readers if they are stress eaters. Looking into my grocery cart, I glanced at the Mike and Ike's I had grabbed after cruising the candy aisle and thought about what inspired their not even very tasty, chemical-loaded purchase. I mean, why not overdose on sugar when your 9, almost 10 year old daughter cries and tells you that she doesn't want to dance at the studio she chose anymore? Should this have driven me to eat? Before answering, consider that I'd just written a more than $500 non-refundable check to the studio the week prior. Am I a stress eater? Puh-lease! If people actually have to take a quiz to figure that out, the answer is no and they should quit pretending to the world that they understand the whole stress eating phenomenon. For the rest of us, well, we know what we are and are in training for the stress eating Olympics.

(Oh, and because I am also a charter member of mean mothers, I told her she was obligated to dance for the studio this year but I could give a rip less about next year--as long as she decides before I write any checks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts